Lisbon is a city that is full of romance. From its winding streets and colorful houses to its stunning views of the Tagus River, Lisbon is the perfect place to create lasting memories with your loved one.
Here are 10 of the most romantic things to do in Lisbon:
- Do a Romantic Wine Tasting at the Lisbon Winery. What if you could have a room in a wine bar just for you and your loved one? The Lisbon Winery offers a memorable tasting of the most exclusive Portuguese wines in a private room paired with top artisanal Portuguese cheeses and charcuterie and commentary by a top local expert. If you are looking for a different and special evening, this is a great option. Learn more and book online here: https://lisbonwinery.com/lisbon-romantic-wine-tasting/
2. Take a sunset cruise on the Tagus River. There is nothing more romantic than watching the sunset over the city of Lisbon. A sunset cruise is the perfect way to enjoy this spectacle with your loved one. Tagus Cruises offers sunset cruises every day (depending on weather conditions. Learn more here: https://taguscruises.com/en
3. Visit the Miradouro de São Pedro de Alcântara. This viewpoint offers stunning views of the city, including the São Jorge Castle and the Tagus River. It is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the view with your loved one.
4. Have dinner with a view to the Lisbon castle. There are several restaurants in Lisbon with great views over Lisbon, but this one is hard to beat. Ask for a table next to the window and just fall in love with Lisbon at night. Bookings cane be done in this link: https://restauranteviagraca.pt/
5. Enjoy a fado dinner at Casa de Linhares. Fado is a Portuguese music genre that is UNESCO World Heritage. It only exists in Portugal and sings about love, pain, saudade and much more. We recommend the historical Casa de Linhares, an old palace converted into a fado house for a memorable night. More information here: https://casadelinhares.com/
6. Explore the Jerónimos Monastery. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is one of the most beautiful buildings in Lisbon. It is the perfect place to take a break from the hustle and bustle of the city. Buy tickets here: https://www.patrimoniocultural.gov.pt/en/museus-e-monumentos/dgpc/m/mosteiro-dos-jeronimos/
7. Go for a picnic in Jardim da Estrela. This romantic design garden dating back to 1852 is a little oasis in the middle of the urban jungle. Have lunch with centenary trees and birds singing.
8. Do a couple’s massage. Located right in the center of Lisbon, this SPA and wellness center offers a romantic massage for two that will help turn the volume down and just enjoy a relaxed afternoon. Check more information in their website: https://theretreat.pt/?lang=en
9. Spend a day at the beach. Lisbon is only a short drive from some of the most beautiful beaches in Portugal. Enjoy a day of swimming, sunbathing, and romantic walks along the beach. We recommend the beautiful Azenhas do Mar or Adraga
10. Get lost in the city. One of the best ways to experience Lisbon is to simply wander around and get lost. Explore the narrow streets, discover hidden gems, and make memories that will last a lifetime.
These are just a few of the many romantic things to do in Lisbon. With its stunning views, charming streets, and rich history, Lisbon is the perfect city to create lasting memories with your loved one.